Logo

DF 115 hesitates at higher RPM

toylc

I have 2- 2003 DF 115s on my boat but only 1 has a problem at higher rpms. It just started hesitatating-missing, at higher rpms (3000 rpm and up) and it doesnt seem to be fuel. The squeeze ball is full and I have checked the low pressure fuel system for dirt and water. There was nothing in the bowl, needle and seat were good, nothing in high pressure pump screen. System was clean as a whistle. The problem has started the last 2 times I was out fishing and it only happens after Im on my way in at the end of the day. 1 other thing is , I bought these engines used in 2005 and ever since I have had them they have never on cold start up, revved up. They start cold at about 700-800 rpms. Just wondering if this may help solve the problems. This problem motor also has a stalling issue at idle mostly when put in to nuetral and has had it for a long time.

try a new primer bulb . in these case's its often a valve in the bulb whitch give's the problem , or a blocked fuel line or tank

I think I have an issue with compression on #4 but I need to get a new comp. tester. It couldnt handle the 242 on #1. I hope it doesnt need a rebuild already. Thanks

a had also a problem with a new primer bulb where one valve was sticky. so do check it because thats simpel. you can also try the engine without the primer bulb.

Back