Logo

Water in both cylinder banks

E

Ed Bishop

" I had what I believed to be

" I had what I believed to be a starter problem, however upon furhter investigation I found it to be a hydraulic compression issue. Upon removing the spark plugs I found water in 3 cylinders, 2 on 1 side 1 on the other.

I am looking for information regarding the possible cause..exhaust maniforld, bellows, heads, head gaskets???
Thanks "

To Ed Bishop
u must check th

To Ed Bishop
u must check this water if it s a fresh water or sea water .if it s a fresh water there r many reasons of this problem:
1- cylinder head gasket.
2- liners o-rings .
3- cracks in these liners.
and if it s a sea water u must check the exhaust manifolds for cracks or gaskets between the celinder heads and the manifolds .
and let me know about what u ll find .

Regards

Kiralla

I have a 302 OMC that is gett

I have a 302 OMC that is getting water in the oil sump can you lead me to the possable causes and where I should start.

Tom

" Tom,

Head gasket or oil c

" Tom,

Head gasket or oil cooler (if you have one) are the most likely. If it is freshwater cooled, does it have any oil in the coolant? That also points to a head gasket. Take the radiator cap off (when engine is cold) and look for floating oil. Do a compression test to identify the bank with the blown gasket. "

Back