Logo

fuel bulb question

B

bigwiggle

My friends out board kicker motor is losing pressure in the bulb of the fuel hose as we troll and we usually have to pump the bulb back up so it dose not quit on us . could the bulb in the fuel line be bad . Hose and the bulb is about 6 years old. any help would be great.
Thanks
Joe

My friends out board kicker motor is losing pressure in the bulb of the fuel hose as we troll and we usually have to pump the bulb back up so it dose not quit on us . could the bulb in the fuel line be bad . Hose and the bulb is about 6 years old. any help would be great.
Thanks
Joe

Ayuh,... The bulb is only to prime the fuel pump, 'n doesn't have to stay hard when runnin', 'n most probably Shouldn't....
Replace or rebuild the motor's fuel pump...

what i meant to say is if you have to pump it up to keep engine running,then could be weak fuel pump.Like bondo said it doesnt have to stay hard after engine is running.Somthing is causing it to loose prime ifyou have to pump it to keep it running.

Last edited:
ck to see if it has and anti syphen valve where rubber line goes to tank take the valve out and see f it has a ball in it if so it may be stuck open if it doesnt have a ball if the valve is just open i would put one in with a ball in it

Back