Logo

Wellcraft Martinique 3000 warning buzzer

ratmower

Advanced Contributor
I have a Wellcraft Martinique that is powered by twin throttle body injected 350 magnums that currently has a warning buzzer screaming away
indicating a problem with starboard water temperature.
The buzzer starts up between 5 to 10 seconds after the engine is started and continues untill the engine is shut down.
The engine is running perfectly and if the gauge is to be believed the engine water temp is normal with a gradual rise in the needle from a dead
cold start up to the point where the thermostat opens and the water temp then settles back slightly.
It would appear to be just an electrical problem but dissconnecting the water temp sensors on the thermostat housing of the engine make no difference.

Has any body got any good ideas.

Cheers from down under.

Peter

Do you have a drive oil reservoir on the front or top of your engine? Is it full?

Three things will set off this alarm. Low drive oil, Over heat, No oil pressure. The oil pressure switch and the over heat work on the same wire. The switches ground completing the circuit, with no oil pressure or with an over heat and set the alarm off.

The drive reservoir has a float in it that grounds the circuit when the fluid is low. You can disconnect the wires on the float tank and turn on your key switch to test.

Hi Chris
The warning system on this has a seperate oil and water alarm on each engine.
The drive oil level is fine, the oil pressure gauge is reading normal and the water temp is definitly OK
I will try disconecting the reservoir tomorow and see what happens but I have already tried disconecting
the coolant temp sensor and the ECM coolant sensor.
Is there anything else you can think of aside from a grounded circut somewhere in the harness ?:(
Cheers
Peter

Back