Logo

Engine over heating alarm comes on at idleing or trolling speeds.

vanellies

Hello I have a DF250 4 stroke engine. It powers up with ease and runs good at cruising speed, but when idle or trolling speeds I get the over heating buzzing and the engine starts to act up like it is going to shut off. I then turn off the engine and keep it off for about a minute, and then power it back on and it seems to run just fine after that. It is a very weird scenario? Anybody have any suggestions?

My hypothesis is:
I will need to replace the water pump.
Replace the thermostats.

Van

looks like a worn out or damaged waterpump. even an old impeller give's these problems. i had the same with a yamaha F80. new impeller did the trick

Having similar issues with Df140. I checked oil and it had water in it. This is an 07, with 200hrs on it. Crazy. It started when I changed the water pump impeller impeller. It would act starved of fuel at WOT (wide open throttle). The engine would nearly die and I would turn it off, pump the fuel line bulb, as it would need it, then would restart perfectly. Until I ran WOT. Staying at 5000 rpms was good until I found issue with oil being emulsified.

Had the same problem with engine overheating alarm coming on. Went through overheating proc. of turning engine off and waiting to cool. All is fine when turning back on. runs fine and happens again. This happened several times during one trip. Eventually noticed smoke coming from engine and notice fuse box has melted. Has this happened to anybody else? If so did you look behind the fuse box to check for any loose terminals or similar?

Back