Logo

motor frozen in place maybe not

Roger Sawyer

I RECENTLY DID GET A BOAT WITH A 140 HP 3.O MOTOR THE MOTOR APEARS TO BE SEAZED THERE IS NO WATER IN OIL. COULD IT BE THE DRIVE . THE MOTOR WAS IDELING WHEN IT
STOPED. IS THERE A WAY TO FIND OUT IF IT IS THE DRIVE OR MOTER. WHO MAKES THE BEST REPARE MANUAL. THIS IS A ARROW GLASS CHEETAH BOW RIDER CAN I PUT A OUT BOARD MOTOR ON THIS BOAT i HAVE JHONSON 112 WHAT WOULD I NEED TO DO TO DO IT IS IT PRACTIAL TO DO SO

I have a Arrow glass Couger, with a 70 hp motor on it.

To your question yes the drive can seize the motor.

What year boat and i can then tell you how to pull the drive ?

Lets see whats wrong before we start talking about filling in the hole and hanging a outboard would need a ton of work and all different steering and such.

Thanks for your help sorry it took me so long I had to get title to get information on year it is a 1974 I tryed shifting and with little help does not change any thing could it be a broken cable ? THANKS rOGER

Pull The plugs spay some weasel piss down her get it rockin from pulley bolt front of motor could take several nights don't force it take your time it will eventually brake loose. Have done this several times and seen this several times.

This site sells the manual. Looking at the drive from behind you will see rubber bumper on both sides of the drive. Pry them off gently and mark them so they go back on exactly the same way. See the 2 caps each side on the trunion. Remove them. And the whole drive will come off. Move it over a bit and now try turning the motor.
Don't turn take out the plugs try again. Still don't turn you can try to fill motor with kero or diesel to the brim and pickle the motor for a week.

Back