Logo

Looking for the right compression tester tool for BF130

stan101

Hi, I need to buy a compression tester for the Honda BF 130. The plugs are deep set. I've tried one product with a rubber extension, and it had a rubber end - not a threaded end- and I couldn't get consistent pressure readings with it. Besides the rubber extension is not rigid enough to keep from possibly cross-threading it in the plug hole. I think I need a tester with a rigid extension that is threaded for the spark plug hole. I've checked all the products in the local auto parts stores, and did a Google search, but no luck. Any suggestions?

You will either need to visit a Snap-On or Mac or Matco tool truck with one of your spark plugs in hand or order a tester from Honda if you want to buy one retail.

I, on the other hand, take old spark plugs that fit the particular engine and core out the porcelain and tip so that I have the exact threads. Then, I silver solder whatever coupler I need to that. Usually the one from the cheap AUTOZONE Compression test kit. Works great and should hold 500 PSI no problem.

Caution! If you use regular plumber's solder, you could be creating a small missile as it is not as strong and is prone to cracking.
HTHY.

Thanks,
I found a compression tester kit on Amazon that has the extension shaft. It worked fine for me. It is Equus 3613 Compression Tester OHC 5 pcs set, if anyone else has this need.

Good to know! Just one question. I went to see what you purchased and found an Equus 3614 and a 3615 but didn't see a 3613. What did I miss?

Back