Logo

Bf100 oil leak.

FINKPLOYD

The old BF100 I bought off ebay has now got an oil leak coming from one corner of the top cover which has the fuel pump attached to it, I'm not sure if this is the cylinder head or just the rocker cover as I've never worked on one of these engines.

Is it possible to just remove this cover to change the gasket or is there more to it than that. I'm undecided what to do with this engine as I paid £600 for it without seeing it .....oh well you learn by your mistakes!

I may keep it and use it to learn more about outboard motors, or I may sell it on.

It does run well and starts easily though.

Thanks.

Ian

I think you can remove the 4 screws and then remove the valve cover.---Simple to replace the fitted seal / o-ring in there.

Probably a VERY easy fix. Like racerone said, take off the head cover and it is probably the seal. Look at item #6 in the link below. $4.32 US. Not sure about shipping though.

You have a VERY good old motor there. They are fairly easy to work on so if you do want to learn to repair them it is a good choice. The shop manual is only about $30. Some parts are no longer available but most still are. Good luck.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...0-1205094/CYLINDER + CYLINDER HEAD/parts.html

Back