Logo

Please Help with year and HP of Mercury outboard

dom

I purchased this boat today and the motor is missing the cover piece I want to buy another for it but I dont know the year or HP they guy I purchased it from was in the process of redoing the boat and was positive the power head was good but did not know what year or Hp either.

The S/N is 6233831 I did a search on the new and found a list but my number is not there I have included some pics to maybe help with the ID of this outboard. I thank You in advance Dom

DSCN3792.jpg

DSCN3794.jpg

DSCN3795.jpg

That colour scheme / serial # puts it in the 83 model year.-----Post close-up pictures of carburetors for HP identification.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info really cool that this outboard is a 80 hp , I was going to sell it and put a good running 70 hp johnson that I have on this boat but seeing how this motor is a 80 hp I am gonna take it to my outboard machanic and have him rebuild the carbs, replace a few frayed wires and do a complete tune up on it. I got this boat for free the people down the street had to move and could not take it with them so they just gave it to me and the guy said the power head was good plus he already stripped the boat and repainted it. The plan new carpet new seats, couple fenders on the trailer bilge pump,battery and and a few switches and this should be a great lake boat I am guessing the boat is a Glastron early 80's model I got no title so I am gonna have to file for a lost title on it and PTI the trailer .

I own a ranger bass boat but I can only fit like 3 people on it so this boat will be great for taking the whole family out in and doing some tubing:)

Thanks again for the help Yall ROCK!!!!

Back