Logo

Did I get screwed?

gspn

I bought a boat from a dealer last year. He told me that this was a brand new Suzuki DF90 motor right out of the crate.

I know that the 20 hour mark is where I'm supposed to change the oil. I know that a light is supposed to come on at the 20 hour mark and that the tachometer will also indicate how many hours are on the engine.

My tach is showing 30 hours...but the light has never come on...am I wrong to expect the light to come on? Has anyone else gone past the 20 hour mark and not had it come on?

Or am I wrong about the tach?

I'm starting to think that maybe he gave me a used motor...but I'm not sure if that makes sense either...would he be able to reset something in the motor so that it indicates it only had no hours on it when I bought it?

Thanks in advance.

call Suzi corp. give them your serial number. tell them your story. they should be able to tell you if the motor was previously registered.
if it is a new motor, have them transfer you to the tech dept and they can tell you why the 20hr service indicator did not go on.

did you made service, if not then is your dealer show your how to turn off the buzzer if service alarm will come?, if you by mistake or by practicing
purpose turn off the buzzer then you are already did the cancellation procedure. if you know how to do cancel the buzzer then don`t do it anymore
because of if you cancel the buzzer then you can not hear next service alarm. that procedure called "pre cancellation system".

did you made service, if not then is your dealer show your how to turn off the buzzer if service alarm will come?, if you by mistake or by practicing
purpose turn off the buzzer then you are already did the cancellation procedure. if you know how to do cancel the buzzer then don`t do it anymore
because of if you cancel the buzzer then you can not hear next service alarm. that procedure called "pre cancellation system".

What?

C'mon Chris....put your translation ears on ! Let's see if I got this right. "Did you do the service " If not , then did the dealer tell you how to cancel the alarm when it comes on. If you were practicing or by accident cancelled it , then it will not come on when it should. If you did do it then don't do it anymore, or you won't hear the next service alarm buzzer. The procedure is called "the pre-cancellation procedure".
I think I got this right, even if I didn't , you got me to have a good chuckle from you response!...,..thanks....Lee

Back