Logo

BF8A 14000 series will not rev up

Jimwilliams

I have a BF8A that has been running fine, then from one day to the next, it will not rev up. It starts fine and idles, but as soon as I try to rev it up it sounds like it is not getting fule. However i just re cleaned carb and and problem persist. I have also checked timing, plugs, fule. After runing the plugs are wet with fuel, and when i do throttle up, i get blowback out of the carb. Any ideas?

Reed valves are found in 2 stroke motors ( not HONDA outboards )----------------------U-tube has all kinds of info on them just do a search !!

I've done that once but will do it again. What confuses me is that when i take the pulgs out after the motor has run, they are wet. this dose not seem to be indicative of lack of fuel, if anything perhaps too much fuel. Also when i do throttle up, and let the motor run rough at the carb gets cold to the point that water condenses on it. it seems to me like the spark is not advancing, but the motor has electronic ignition. Any, i'll probably do the carb thing one more time and then look at the spark control. There are no REED VALVES in a 4 stroke !!!!!!!------------Just revisit cleaning of the carburetor !![/QUOTE]

Any liquid that is evaporating needs heat , that is why the carburetor " gets cold "--------------Let motor run and disconnect fuel line and post what happens , does it run smoother for a while before it runs out of fuel ???--------------Have you checked valve clearance ??

I have removed the gas line and let the motor idle out the remaining fuel in carb bowl- the motor did seem to run smoother just before it gives out of fuel. I also sprayed a little electric parts cleaner (very flammable) into carb to see if that would help kick up the rpm's and it did not. The valve clearance was checked and is okay. I should have figured out the cool carb, being somewhat familiar with refrigeration, and understanding liquid to gas relationship relation ship to heat, just never noticed it on a carb. Thanks for your suggestions

Back