Logo

shear pin

flyguild

With the limited Honda outboard shops and over price($2.99 each) I wish to buy shear pins for my BF100 outboard.
I am told they are size 8, what does this mean?
Nobody I have called know.

I do not know what size 8 is either. $2.99 is a pretty good price. The retail is $3.74.

It is best to get the correct one so that it breaks (at the right time) before the internal parts of your lower unit break if you hit something.

Mike

You are right hondadude, I found a dealer 50km(30 miles) away, he wants $4.99 each.
Tried a Evenrude pin @ $2.89 it was undersized, I guess that is why Honda has a holder for four pins, they are hard to find when you need a replacement.
Never under stood why Honda does not have dealerships like other outboard makes have.
Where did you find the $3.74 price?

If the part number that you are looking for is 58131-881-000, I found the price on my Honda Retail Price list.

You can probably get them from boats.net. Part # 12 http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...205254/PROPELLER SHAFT + PROPELLER/parts.html

To answer your question about number of Honda Dealers...

I understand that they would like more, but many dealers already handle other brand or two. Honda requires you to initially buy the special tools, manuals, HDS, etc plus pay for ongoing computer programs, etc....plus...there is a minimum number of engines that you have to commit to every year.

That totals to a pretty good chunk of change.

Mike

Go to your local hobby shop and buy some brass rod in the correct size.------------------Keep a steel one in the tackle box for the last one.

Back