Logo

Mercury 60 hp top cylinder problems help

Igoinn

I have a mercury mariner 60 hp it spits and spurred around 3000 rpm I found out it was th top cylinder buy pulling plug wires till it stoped. It seems like it wants to go and sometimes it will kick in for a minute or two but them gose back to spuderen. I did a compression check all cylinders are at 110 any help out there?? Thank you.

Check spark on all cylinders and make shure they are all firing.check plug wires and all wires from coil to that cylinder.Let me know!!

Check spark on all cylinders and make shure they are all firing.check plug wires and all wires from coil to that cylinder.Let me know!!
I ordered a used coil on line and it came today, I switched it out and it seemed to still sputter around 3000, but then ran out of gas. mine looked in better shape so I put mine back, filled it up and tried it seemed to run better, but the tac was off jumping around a little then the tac started working normal but was getting dark and put it away. will know more tomorrow (sat) let you know.

It is a 1995, I took it out yesterday and still only running on two cylinders, I'm going to try and clean the top carb again. It's getting spark and has good comprestion, it has to be a fuel problem unless the spark is cutting out ander pressure?

Back