Logo

Engine sensors

tnldaniel

Where are the three engine sensors located on the engine? My engine cuts out at 5000rpm's and I think that one of these sensors might be my problem. I have a 454 Chevy engine 415 horsepower with a mercury outdrive.

I have a 93 Wellcraft 454 Chevy engine 415 HP with Mercury outdrive that set for a few years. The carburetor has been rebuilt and it has a new starter, gas filter, plugs, cap, and rotor. It runs smoothly until I reach 5000rpm's, then it pops through the carburetor and shuts down. I also pumped out as much of the old gas as possible. Do you have any suggestions that I might try? Do you think the engine sensors could be the problem?

What year is your engine?
I have a 93 Wellcraft 454 Chevy engine 415 HP with a mercury outdrive. It has a rebuilt carburetor, new starter,new gas filter, new plugs, cap, and rotor. It runs smoothly until it reaches 5000rpm's, then it pops through carburetor and shuts down completely. Do you have any suggestions that I might try? Could it be one of the engine sensors? If so, where are they located? I also pumped out as much of the old gas as possible.

Back