Logo

88 85hp force forward in reverse & neutral

mikgro

hello everyone, first boat everything is new to me.replaced water pump on it. took it out on the lake it has forward when putting it neutral & reverse still goes forward.i was wondering if i have to drop lower end or is there an easier way to get everything lined up.when putting it back together everything seemed to go together good. any help will be appreciated. thanks

Tach and stuff 003.jpgYou get the shift rod hooked up right?You remove the screw on the side of the drive(see pic)?If you did the drive has to be taken apart and put back together.
These are simple and should go right back in.Take it off again.See if the shift works by hand.

hey jerry thanks for the info. thats probly what happend have to get to my friends house and look at it. was reading on here about alligning everything up by using grips and cloth. let you know how it goes.probly be few days? thanks again

Did the same thing to my boat when i took the lower unit off. It got put into gear somehow while I had it off. Had to take lower unit off and find neutrall ( Hard to find very touchy) Put the throttle lever in neutral and mated the two back together.

Back