Logo

Volvo Sterndrive AD41 -DP

pvbud

I'm looking for the fuse that serves the hydraulic trim motor for one of my sterndrives. I know this is a trivial question, but any help in identifying the location of the fuse, assuming there is one, would be appreciated. Suddenly the trim motor has no 12Volt current when another unrelated man-made electrical problem occurred.

Any ideas, or Internet availability of a DP wiring diagram, would be helpful.

pv

there is no fuse, but there are two relays attached to the trim pump bracket. if one of them breaks, trim motor will not work. check it out. there is no trim motor fuses otherwise

I had the same situation, only to find that one of the connectors had become slightly loose. Over time I had to replace the harness. If you cannot immediately find the problem, and need to tilt the drive... simply take the hydraulic motor connector off and apply power and ground carefully. Reversing the current changes the tilt direction. Also if it is a relay... they are generic so you can probably soure it outside of Volvo easily.

there is no fuse, but there are two relays attached to the trim pump bracket. if one of them breaks, trim motor will not work. check it out. there is no trim motor fuses otherwise

THERE IS A FUSE for the Sterndrive trim motor!
Wowee! Thomas from Oslo had it correct. The fuse is ceramic, mounted with one bolt, it does not appear to be a fuse but it is. It's mounted above the fuel pump on the engine (of all places) and it's 55 amp, Volvo part No. 856355, as stamped on the fuse. A technician helped me locate it and suggested we replace it with a resetable marine circuit breaker .

Thank you Thomas and all who helped. I'm back in operation.

pv

Back