Logo

1999 250 saltwater series Lower unit problem?

bigpauld

Hey Guys, I'm new to site. I was towing 3 kids on a tube all day, outboard was running fine, last run started to pull, got up to 1800 rpm and lost drive. I tried again with no tube ,same problem. I was able to run back to dock at under 1800 rpms , but when ever i tried to go faster engine/prop seemed to race but forward motion stopped. Any guesses?

Hey Guys, I'm new to site. I was towing 3 kids on a tube all day, outboard was running fine, last run started to pull, got up to 1800 rpm and lost drive. I tried again with no tube ,same problem. I was able to run back to dock at under 1800 rpms , but when ever i tried to go faster engine/prop seemed to race but forward motion stopped. Any guesses?

I agree, it sounds like a spun out hub. You can get the hub replaced, without having to buy a new prop. Good luck.

Thanks it was the hub. Unfortunately now having new problem. out all day motor fine on way back alarm sounded and cut engine .kept trying to increase speed each time about 1500 to 1800 rpms alarm sounded ,i shut down for 1 minute re start cycle over and over. got back to dock at limp.any guesses.plenty of oil,250 ox66 saltwater yahmahai

Back