Logo

HELP! Yamaha 115 V4 Smoked something accidently plus motor stuck in down position

Patrick Rhea

I was busy putting the battery box back in place and crossed up the pos/neg cables....:mad::mad: Flipped the switch and smoked something inside the motor.:mad::mad: ARGH!!
It blew the 30 amp and 20 amp fuse that comes off the starter, but when I place the 20 amp fuse back in it blows instantly. I cannot see where any wiring melted together causing it to blow the fuses. More importantly if the fuse blew why would there be any additional wiring grounding/shorting issues past that fuse??. On top of all that the motor is stuck in the down position. Is there a way I can get it back up so i can get it to a shop at least? It is a 1992 model.:confused::confused:

Don't know about the wiring, but you can pick your motor up by turning the screw on the side of the trim cylinder and then lifting the motor yourself. You'll need an extra set of hands to turn the screw back to pressurize the cylinder again and keep it from going down. Not a big deal on that part though.

Good luck with the rest.

Back