Logo

Raymarine L1250 Sonar Inop... ???

Eric.C

Contributing Member
Hey all,

I've had the boat for about a year and a half now, and just last weekend at Catalina, the 600W transducer on my Raymarine L1250 stopped working. I still get a temperature reading, but the fishfinder shows nothing but red on the screen, and a constant depth reading of 150ft no matter where we are; Dana Point Harbor is certainly not 150ft deep!

I called Raymarine's tech support, and the only thing the guy could tell me was to swap out the transducer or the L1250 unit (L750 would also work he said), and see if it starts to work. Not wanting to pay for a $400 transducer and a haul-out just to guess it's the transducer, I figured a better option would be to see if anybody has a Raymarine L1250 or L750 I could use for a couple minutes to test. I would be willing to pay for your time and gas money to get to Dana Point.

A transducer hung over the side of the boat and plugged into my unit would say which part of mine is bad, or a known-good L-Series unit to plug into my system would tell me the same.

I would sincerely appreciate it, and again... I would be willing to pay for your time.

Thanks in advance,
Captain Eric

Back