Logo

sick 2002 115 4 stroke

indian frank

Hello guys. Weird stuff going on on my 2002 115 4 stroke motor. Can't achieve rpm above 4700 ( still same old prop) .It also takes everything to get on step. And when engine gets warm and i come off step can't get past 8-9 mph and thats with throtle all out.after a 15-20 min like this it gains 100 rpm here and there and eventualy gets back on step but very gutless and still miles away from 5000-6000 rpm. changed the fuel filter and it still does it plus i know for sure there is no water in fuel. ( my kicker works fine and dip fuel/water paste into fuel sample) . On a crazy note if i press the throtle botton on lever i can rev the engine up to roughly 5200 but sounds like a rev limiter kicks in. Also i can get more rev in reverse i'm baffle Any ideals ??? Been reading about the VST filter and know for a fact that it has never been touched, I run only fresh water if that makes a difference. Thanks a million Frank

Time the intake and clean the vst. While you are at it send the injectors out to be cleaned. They will be clogged. this is the guy I use now. fuelinjectorman dot com. Do the whole job at one time. Don't try and clean the vst with out doing the injectors, the problem will get worse. Also clean the fuel lines and the fuel rail.

Ok just bought a new vst filter $65.00 and i will take all 4 injectors to boat dealer monday for ultrasonic cleaning. They quoted me a half hr labour for the cleaning. Will start the job tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted. Thank you

Ok update time.Got the filter removed and replaced,Not too too bad of a job ,especially for a first timer. The filter was partially clogged,and i'm now waiting for the dealer to call me back with 4 freshly clean injectors. I will re-install them tomorrow ,run it in my yard for leak check then take the boat to the lake and see. Will keep you posted. Thanks again Frank

003.jpg Well problem solved...:) And this was the problem. Crazy how just little debris can create such a mess with my engine. Total cost 130.00 vice 450 at the dealer.. I also added an inline fuel filter,it was super easy and cheap ( $16.00)so now i have double filtration before the the fuel gets to the VST. Thanks again guys.. Indian Frank

Back