Logo

fuel pressure regulator adjustment needed or not?

leecheater

Hello All,
This is my first posting. I have a 1990 Yamaha that has the fuel pumps replaced with a Mallory Electronic fuel pup. This was done about 5 years ago. Just recently I started having problems upon acceleration. I had recently noticed the pump was not making much noise. Previously it was easily audible. I had her diagnosed by a different shop than the one that modified her. The mechanic called me today and told me that it was indeed the pump and they had ordered OEM pumps to replace her. I was finally able to at a hold of the mechanic who did the electronic pump 5 years ago and he told me that the OEM pumps didn't supply enough gas and I should simply replace the Mallory pump with another. I should mention that the carbs on her are off the 200 h/p model. He also told me that the fuel pressure should be 1.5 to 2 lbs. If set higher than that it would flood the carbs.

[FONT=&quot] My question: Does the fuel pressure that is already (apparently) set correct need to be adjusted when I replace the old pump? If so how do I do this and where is the fuel pressure regulator on this Motor? [/FONT]

Back