Logo

What kind of Lower Unit is This? OMC???

mchambe77

I have this lower unit for sell and I was told its an OMC off a 95 outdrive but I have never seen one that does not have the shift linkage and the shaft is covered around. Is it a sx or what?? I cant find any online either. Some one please help!!!Lower Unit.jpgLU#.jpg

from what i can see looks to be a stringer latter model say 82' to 85' Full mechanical shift.

Page 10-85 of the Seloc manual # 3400 in the upper right hand corner.

Last edited:
So is it worth as much as the other omc lower units? Like the ones on ebay? I have sold a couple for about $700 Whats this one worth?

I forgot who said it but," It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it "

A whole boat with a running motor and drive complete with trailer just sold on ebay with a stringer 650 dollars.

I bought my boat and trailer for 300 dollars.

When the motor went in my boat i needed a motor i found one for 400 dollars the whole boat complete with a trailer for 400 dollars.

I stripped the boat kept the trailer and the motor.

As you may know, OMC had been taken over by Volvo Penta as of 1993.
This may mean several things for you:

A..... an OMC part in need is worth as much as one is willing to pay, and/or as much as you can get...... much like what Chief suggested earlier.

B..... don't hang onto it...., or hold out for more money than what the market will bare! Pretty soon the market may be very soft.

Back