Logo

won't go in drive

tabadboy11

My friend has a 1980 Beretta with the 307 Chevy motor.He had a guy put a water pump on it and now it won't go in to forward gear it will go into reverse and natural tho.He s been told that the guy probably did not adjust the cable right.Something about having to remove the lower unit to get to it[cable or gear not sure].Is this something a shade tree mechanic can do.Is there a Manuel for this procedure? Thanks

My friend has a 1980 Beretta with the 307 Chevy motor.He had a guy put a water pump on it and now it won't go in to forward gear it will go into reverse and natural tho.He s been told that the guy probably did not adjust the cable right.Something about having to remove the lower unit to get to it[cable or gear not sure].Is this something a shade tree mechanic can do.Is there a Manuel for this procedure? Thanks

Ayuh,... Answers will come easier if We knew what drive or transmission We're talkin' 'bout...

Ayuh,... Answers will come easier if We knew what drive or transmission We're talkin' 'bout...
Sounds logical.i will get with my friend and see if he knows what drive or trans he has.He bought this boat on a whim and really does not know anything about boats,me neither for that matter.It just that he already had somebody work on it before[water pump] and the guy kind of screw him over.told him i would try to find an answer for him.Thanks

Back