Logo

2006 4storke yamaha not restarting

clinton40

When i anchor up and go to restart it will not restart. I have changed all the filters, cleaned the inline changed out vst filter. I hook up the water so i can test it in my drive way. When i turn the key i did not hear my usual beep. I checked the fuses and batteries to make sure all is good. I did notice that there is no voltageon fuse holder when i hear no beep. I pulled and checked connections fuses and all is looking good. I did notice in my service manual there is the main relay. I'm not sure where this relay is and thinking that this realy may be going bad. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Do you hear a fuel pump run momentarily when you turn the key on? You shouldn't hear a key on beep on this motor.

Thanks PBRMAN. I figured out that the beep noise was my cd player DUH. I replaced the fuel lines in the motor with new clamps. Everything seems to be working good now. I've run into my tilt n trim not working. I had some smoke coming from the top of the motor it looks like this morning. I trouble shot it this morning when i got home relays and contacts are looking good. The motor is looking like it is bad. Thanks again for your help.

Back