Logo

99 120 HP Force Lower Unit Compatibility

fishcal

First off, want to say hello to all as I am a newbie. I am here as I am in search of help.

Water stopped coming out the tell tale so I was told it was my impeller needing to be replaced. So I began removing the lower unit which was NOT easy at all. I eventually got it off but not without breaking the cavitation plate off the lower unit.

Long story short...can anyone tell me which lower units are interchangeable/compatible with the 1999 Force 120 HP out board motor?

Thank You

The cavitation plate is broken in several pieces. The area where the anode blocks go is totally destroyed. I think I got a photo uploaded.

Attachments

• lower unit.jpg
    lower unit.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Here are better photos of the damage. I read a lot of posts where it said that being persuasive was the only way to seperate the lower unit when it did not want to cooperate. I guess I was a little too persuasive but it was REALLY on there. Does anyone know of any lower units that may interchange or work with the 99 Force 120 HP motor? I havent seen too many used 99 force lower units out there for sale.

Attachments

• SAM_1345.jpg
    SAM_1345.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 181
  • SAM_1343.jpg
    SAM_1343.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 125
  • SAM_1344.jpg
    SAM_1344.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Wow that is broken. I use a rubber mallet when taking some things apart. It seems that the vibration helps loosen parts. About the only thing i can say is to google it and see what you come up with. Looks like 90hp and 120hp 1995-1999 and 1999 75hp models use the same gearcase.

Back