Logo

need help with md-17.

newfyneil

been having quite a bit of trouble with this engine. now im into the injector pump,,, slide was stuck,, now seems the nla spring, or govenor spring is broken,, cant seem to find any instructions or lay out of this on here,, can anyone help? hard to find this part,, thinking if i knew where the spring connevted,, i could make one????? any help/ advice is greatly appreciated.....

I am not familar with this engine, but I would start with the manufacturer of the pump. If it is a Bosch, find a Bosch injector pump shop in your area or on the net. They should be able to supply you with any parts and advice needed. The Volvo dealer probably cannot service the pump anyhow. I work at a John Deere dealer, and we do not service injector pumps. We send them out.

thank you,, i have found the spring i need,, wasnt easy,lol. i see where it connects on the arm,, but i cant see another place for it to connect, if im right, it should keep tension on the arm to bring it ahead,, but see nothing for it to connect to?????, ill post a diagram of the spring to see if anyone can tell me where it connects.

http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/volvo-penta-explodedview-7742230-23-15117B.aspx

11 is the spring,, i see where it connects to the arm (5),, but cant see where else it connects???? would it connect to the lever marked 6 i wonder??? any input???? thanks

Back