Logo

Error code questions

OK, Here goes. First let me say I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS SYSTEM.

However, I did a quick net search on the Power View and there is some stuff readily available to look at. What I found was the Murphy PV 101 for SAE CANBUS J 1939.

Can is a fairly recent advent in diagnostics and is usually required in a MULTIPLEXED electronics environment. It is not old but is not BRAND SPANKING new either. So, your system could be newer or older than the one I found.

I tell you all this because I found a fault code list for this system but your SPN (Specific Parameter Number...at least I think that's what it means) does not not match any on the list. The list does however list four FMI (Failure Mode Identifier) of 0. Here they are:

Water detected in fuel
Engine coolant temp high
Air cleaner restricted
Intake air temperature too high

There was a reference in the brochure to changing the SPN parameter if yours is unrecognizable. Apparently there are four choices. This particular Power View defaults to #4.

Regardless of which model you have, I would not think that Murphy would stray too far from their code list. So, if you can't find the correct SPN to match, I would still advise you to investigate and rule out or repair any defect in the four 0 FIM codes I've listed above. Below is the link that I used for reference. Happy hunting.

http://www.fwmurphy.co.uk/products/murphylink_j1939/j1939_powerview_pv101.htm

Last edited:
Back