Logo

T8 High Thrust

Ricky123

Hello All, a few weeks ago I wanted to sailing,despite a very poor forecast. Was frustrated because hadn't been sailing for ages. Went out from Conwy, North wales, along the channel marked by bouys due to the sand banks. The sea was rough so I thought I would turn back at the end of channel. As I got half way down the channell my engine cut out, big waves and difficulty steering the boat, I put a little gib sale out and went to sea to avoid going a ground, would have been a total disaster in a rough sea. I stayed out at sea for about 3 hours, and was very close to putting out a Mayday. The engine eventually started and at top speed made a run for it and eventually got back into the Conwy River. As I got close to my swinging mooring a lowered the revs and then the engine cut out, just managed to pickup the mooring Phew, not good to be without engine in Conwy River. Amongs the comotion my Handheld radion is now lying on the river bed. When I removed the outboard cover water drained out. And ever since, the engine will start only on high revs and then cuts out when the revs are lowered. Will put this very scarey day down to experience. Anybody any ideas whats wrong with the engine? Would really appreciete any advice. Thanks for listening. I really was very scared, think it was about a force 8.

Back