Logo

Mercruiser 3.0L ignition problem

Crossfire

Hallo there,
First I want to apologize for myEnglish, I hope is not too bad.
I have a big problem with my engine,the Mercuiser 3,0 L from 1998 alpha one sterndrive. It is mounted in a searaypower boat. A few weeks ago I had a breakdown in my electronic ignition. It was completely out of order and had to be replaced. The electronic ignition was no longer manufactured so I had to replace it for a bobine ignition with distributor.The engine runs again and one day in the middle of the lake (IJsselmeer in The Netherlands), the engine was dead and would not start again.
In the harbor I checked everything according to the operating handbook. Fuelling,air, ignition, etc.
Everything is ok.
In the maintenance facility, I checked everything again with the mechanics and the engine runs a few seconds and stopped.They thought it could be the new bobine but I tried a other one and also a other distributerhead, nothing helped.
The engineers from the maintenance,the importer, nobody knows the solution and the engine stays dead.
Please can anyone help me with the golden tip. I am desperate, nobody can help me and I hope this forum can.
PB Crossfire, the Netherlands.

Welcome aboard !

This is the omc site but i will try to help you.

You have the dead mans switch disconnected to see it's that.

It should have a rope to tie to the drive if the driver falls out of the boat it should pull the switch.

So the motor will crank " Turn over " over but the motor will not start.

If the motor will not crank then it's the neutral switch.

The name you gave the dist. i don't know.

Heres one that will work if installed correctly.

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/delco-voyager-marine-electronic-distributor-p-120.html

Back