Logo

Losing gas

mxfisher

I have a 2010 F115. Last time out I noticed the engine was starting to loose rpm a bit. I throttled down and it quit. Got it started and made it to the dock. When I trimmed up, gas came out where the wiring harness goes into the front of the cowl. After taking the cowl of, I found that there was no pressure in the fuel line. When I squeezed the ball, my wife saw gas coming out. If you look at the Port side, at the bottom there is a threaded hole with a machined surface. It looks like a screw and sealing washer should be there.
Can anyone help? It's at a marina now, but they don't seem to be in much of a hurry to do warranty work.
Thanks.

Sounds like the drain for your vst which is the chamber in which your high pressure fuel pump lives. You might keep in mind that when that vst goes dry the fuel pump is running dry and has no fuel to keep it lubed and cooled. A lot of fuel pumps don't live long after and event like that so if that were mine I would insist on a new pump. It would not be a stretch for them to get that covered under warranty. Better than having it quit 10 miles out.

Thanks PBRMAN. I went through the repair procedures and it looks like you are right. I'll find out when I contact the marina. Will keep you posted.

Well PBRMAN, you were right on the money. Talked to the marina today and they have the drain screw on order. When I asked about the high pressure pump, they said they'll know more when they put gas in it and test it.

Thanks for the input.

Back