Logo

dogging down loading up on gas please help!!!!! 2.3L omc

merkins1

runs great through driving speed but will not idle. it loads up on gas it seems like any body got any ideas im am so frustrated please help!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

the float not floating.

Or the needle not seating.

Or the fuel pump is pumping over 7 psi.

Or the rubber went in the fuel pump and is pumping fuel up the clear return hose to the carb.

Thats it there is no more want to find the problem it's can only be those 4 things nothing else.

you want to keep f---king around with this pos or fix it for good.

PS i hate that motor. but i will help you cause i know it better then the inside of my wife of 25 years p---y and i have 4 kids.

Hers how to re-build it a old post i made.

the filter in the fitting that enters the carb needs cleaning over and over till the fuel is clean.

the fuel pump have a filter in it ? And yes keep dumping the fuel water sep.

Finally the carb may have to be cleaned out over and over for a few weeks till it's all clean.

Just don;t get any carb cleaner on any rubber or you will be looking for new ones.

Just disassemble soak and then clean all the holes and remove the jets.

Mine after getting the motor running aftersitting for eight years i just kept at it till it ran strong.

Meaning the carb was takin apart and cleaned 3-4 times i can't remember.

Below is a copied and pasted post i made on a different website:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] posted August 11, 2010 04:45 AMAugust 11, 2010 04:45 AM [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] ok the idle circuit is still clogged.

Get yourself down to a auto parts store, get a can of berrymans carb soak comes with a screen in the can, like a deep fryer.

Also get a can of compressed carb cleaner.And a carb rebuild kit.

With a clean area on a table or bench i place a old cookie sheet with sides.

Break down the carb and remove all the rubber.

Remove the jets they should just screw out.

Everything goes into the berrymans, let soak for a few hours.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remove the parts from the berrymans, start with the lower carb housing and blow it dry with compressed air, it clean?

Piece by piece build it, make sure every passage is clean blow it dry and use compressed can carb clear blow it dry again.

Jets clean, Float, floating no gas in it ?

Push the float under water and if you see bubbles it's time to replace it.

Ok when you install the pin in the forks that hold the float are they pressing on the float tounge and not allowing the float to move freely ?

So if you did your job correctly the carb should operate freely, and when you install the adjustment screws be gentle.

Do not bend the tips. All the way in with them gently and out 2 turns to start.

Final adjustment on the water.

Have someone else drive about 2000 rpm maybe a little more and you do the final adjustment.

If you take your time and there are no distractions, you should be ok.

Good luck !
[/FONT]

thanks man will do it all that is awesome thankyou so much and i to hate this motor but theres no room in the budget for an upgrade now!!!!!!!

I should have left that out. But i said it and stand by it i will stick with you to get it running good or die trying i swear it.

Back