Logo

OX66 running rough

Jeff Oldfield

I have a 2000 OX66 250 hp. It was running very bad on and off for about 6 months. I found that my fuel tank was leaking, allowing water and other sediment in to my tank, filters, injectors, vst tank, etc. I have since replaced the fuel tank, fuel lines, water separator, and fuel filter. I also had my injectors flushed, and screens and o rings changed. I also cleaned out my vst tank, and cleaned the filter. Now, the motor runs great when up on a plane, anything over about 3000 rpm, but runs rough at idle. It also is very rough when trying to get up on a plane, from idle to about 3000 rpm. Any ideas of what this could be? Maybe 02 sensor? One of my low pressure fuel pumps is less than a year old. Other two were rebuilt about 2 years ago. Should I check these out?

Replace or rebuild. Why mess around? Pump your primer at idle and see if it makes the motor load up. that would indicate a leaking diaphragm.
Shift position switch can give a similar symptom to what you are seeing. Normally the O2 sensor will be more of a problem up and cruising.

Back