Logo

TAMD 41 P Loss Power

Scraggyneck

I have twin Volvo TAMP 41 P. I replaced all the air and fuel filters on the engines, and they both ran fine for a month (30 hours mostly trolling speed) occasionally bring them up to cruising speed. They both ran fine. I try to bring the engines up to cruising speed and the port engine drops down to 1800 rpm with black/grey smoke. The starboard engine is fine. The port engine in neutral, rpm will go over 3000 for a minute then goes down to 1800 rpm with Black/Grey smoke. I cracked open the fuel line at each injector to see if they are all functioning. They all appear to be fine at idle. I took off the air filter and looked at the turbo. It spins fine and seems fairly clean. Any further suggestions?

I did also cleaned out the bottom of the racor filter bowl and tested again same problem. There was some water and scum on the bottom of the bowl. I do have the racor filter and a fuel filter on the engine that was replace recently.

I gave it another look today, looks like it may be a fuel problem. I am going to replace both fuel filters and switch over to the other tank.

Back