Logo

Suzuki DT 85 1997

Salvuac26

hi i have this problem with a DT 85 1997 ,
first thing that i noticed is that the sparking plugs after i start and run the motor are not at the same tempreture the upper plug is more hot than the others. I bought new plugs and still is the same, than the major problem is the motor cant run at low revs because its always going off i cant understand why because than at high revs it runs well. i ve changed the diaphram ( fuel pump ) , and checked the reed valves and fit new gaskets and fuel filter and were ok , cleaned and set the carburaters with new gaskets and set the throttle sensor ,checked spark and compression of each cylinder everything in working order the motor runs well at idle and high speed but i still havent solved the problem yet , it keeps going off at low revs when giving few throttle can anyone help me fix this pls? thanks, you can contact me on my email [email protected]

Last edited:
if one plug i hotter than the others,there probably not firing.do a spark test and if no spark check coil or coils,not very formilliar with suzuki.Spark on most out boards is 7/16 of an inch and should be a blue spark.Good people on this site,We will do our best to help you welcome aboard!!You need to invest in a manual for that engine!!

hey thanks alot for your help we ve checked the spark and i think is good it flashes blue and was very powerful and coils seem to be in working order thanks

when motor is acting up at low revs,if you have electric primer push it and see if it picks up.Let me know ?if it does then i may be able to answer question,because my brothers boat was doing somthing formilliar to that today.

Hi thanks for your reply so I ve tried to push the electric primer I think that you were refering for the automatic choke when I pressed it the motor was going to die I think It was over fueled then, how can I check the thermostats please? Thanks

Back