Logo

Fuel Line Clogged

waterx117

I was just wondering if someone here could help me out. I thought my fuel pump was dead. I did some research and found how to test. The fuel pump works with a remote fuel supply. Therefore, my line is clogged and not allowing fuel to the pump. My pump is under the boats floor. I have access in the cockpit in front of the rear seat. I can get to the vent line. The Fuel fill line, the Sending unit and the Fuel supply line are all beneath the seat and floor. I cannot reach into that area to reach the hose clamps. The tank is full and I cannot pull due to weight of the tank. How can I get to this area to check it out and repair the problem?

well if you want to check fuel line for blockage then dis connect both ends and blow air through it!! Are you sure your fuel pump is working?You can disconnect fuelline from tank or other end and tape a piec of wire something on one end so you can pull it back through when you are done!!Make sure you tape it so it doesnt hang up or come off.

Last edited:
There is where I have the problem. I cannot disconnect the fuel line from the tank. I cannot get to it. Too far under the floor with no clearance. Looks like someone instaled the lines before the tank was installed.

There is where I have the problem. I cannot disconnect the fuel line from the tank. I cannot get to it. Too far under the floor with no clearance. Looks like someone instaled the lines before the tank was installed.

Ayuh,... So cut a hole in the deck, 'n add an access panel...

The Problem is probably the tank, or it's fittings, not the hose...
But, I'd replace the hose anyways...

I had to do the same thing. A hole saw did the trick. I driller a hole to where the fuel pick up tube was located and then pulled the pick up tube to find a screen on the end that would clog up when the fuel slushed around in the tank. It worked fine whenIi was on muffs but when i ran in water and especially with a half tank it picked up junk in the tank and blocked the screen. I removed the screen and it works fine now. My fuel water seperator picks up any junk before it does to the nozzles.

Well sounds like you need to cut aholeand make a hatch there so you can get to it Buddy!!Sounds like the only way.Make sure you only cut the thickness of the wood and dont cut up everything else.If i can be of any help let me know Buddy.

The Fuel line was actually a bad line. Looks like some cheap hose from the local hardware store. Probably not even fuel line. Inside swelled shut. I replaced with proper Marine grade fuel hose. Screen looked good, but too out anyhow as it was a pain to get to. I may come back and put an inline filter in the line.

Back