Logo

SOS! Tilt/Trim help!

H2091

wHAt aN Awful day!
frown.gif
My trim was working fine yesterday.

Little background: 1987 Bayliner CApri, 3.0 L OMC Cobra

Well today I wanted to lower the trim since the boat wasn't going anywhere until the weekend..

As i turned the ignition and then the down trim, all i heard was a click and nothing else!
So I lifted the trim which worked fine but how to put it back down!? Well, to put it back down I had to manually do it from the MANUAL RELEASE VALVE..

Curious, i decided to investigate. The first thing i went for was the connection (blue, green). I tested and all seemed to work fine when i had my friend hold the up/down trim..there was current!
rolleyes.gif

So the next thing i decided to do was inspect the electric motor! Mistake number one, don't go for it. Number two, don't take it apart! (I strongly regret doing this!) But what i did notice in the electric motor were the two springs that were free to move around. I have no idea where their placement goes! So i put that back and now, it won't go up as well! I seriously f***ed up!
facepalm.gif
I need help! Let me get some pics for you guys tomorrow since it's dark now..

I now realize (or think) i should've gone for what's under the electric motor! not the motor itself! Darn..Thanks for reading and will take any intructions given!!

UPDATE:

Alright here's some pics..
The first pic is what i went 4..
The last pic were the 2 springs that were free to move around..

dscf0637s.jpg

dscf0639hw.jpg

dscf0640d.jpg

dscf0643lu.jpg

Back