Logo

overheat light comes on while motor is still pissing ? 15hp 4 stroke 2007 yamaha

lilpaul4x4

i have a 2007 yamaha 15 hp 4stroke i took it out the other nite an my overheat light comes on after running in gear for 5 or 10mins an thats at half throt , but iv noticed the water is still flowin out of the tail but wen the lite cuts on i can shut the motor off an start it rite bac an the light goes off an the motor runs fine for 5 or 10 more mins then light comes on again! iv changed the oil thinking it would help but still same problem does anyone has a clue?

This motor doesn't have a heat sensor. If you get satisfactory results from the oil pressure verification. You can move on to further diagnosis. The possibilities are many.

I have a parsun f15 witch is identical to a yamaha f15 same parts , mine as well comes on and the motor start to run bad , like a misfire , but idels realy nice , I can turn off the motor and start it back up and it runs fine again for 5 to 10 mins , did you replace your oil pressur senaor ? Does it run fine now ?

Back