Logo

Suzuki DF140 Rev Limiter???

Mathue Totten

Hey All,

My first post to the forum. I have a 2005 Suzuki DF140. When I start the motor after the initial start up and hour meter flashes, the Rev Limit light stays on and will not let me run the boat. No other flashes or beeps. Anyone have any ideas? Does the boat need to go to the shop? I thought that if there was something going on, a trouble code would be flashing/beeping also. Thanks.

-Mathue

Mathue, I worked on 140 two-stroke today with rev. Light on and found awayi to turn it off. Warning warning. By turning it off the engine could over rev. And in my case the battery was not charging. With that being said. If you take electronics cover off you will see on the top left a 1" by 1" electric box with two yellow wires, a white and one black wire. Disconnect the white wire and that will turn off rev. Light and engine will run normal. If anyone knows where to buy this part please let us know. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Troy

Justintime, there is no code being given at all. That's why this is so weird.

Oneadmiral, I will take a look at the part your are talking about in the morning. Do you know how similar the 4 stroke and the 2 stroke are? Will I have that part. I will disconnect it and see what happens. Is it some sort of relay or fuse?

Thanks for both your replies!

-Mathue

Mathue, I worked on 140 two-stroke today with rev. Light on and found awayi to turn it off. Warning warning. By turning it off the engine could over rev. And in my case the battery was not charging. With that being said. If you take electronics cover off you will see on the top left a 1" by 1" electric box with two yellow wires, a white and one black wire. Disconnect the white wire and that will turn off rev. Light and engine will run normal. If anyone knows where to buy this part please let us know. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Troy

You're talking about the electronics box on the port side of the engine? Mine does not appear to have the 1"x1" device. Anything else I can try? Thanks.

-Mathue

Back