Logo

DT 75 will not go up on power in Forward.. help

leelee

new to this motor so not sure where to start. 1984 DT 75. in neutral will rev normal and will run strong at a high RPM. When i have it in forward and start to put on the power it begins to power up then cuts down to a slow pace no matter how much more i give it. it is oil injected which i am not all that familiar with. Any and all ideas are appreciated. thanks

Sorry it is NOT RUNNING STRONG in nuetral !!-----------It has no work to do and just " sounds good "------------------Start with a compression test and check that you have spark at each cylinder that will jump a gap of 3/8" or more with a snap you can hear.-------If those are good, look at fuel issues and it could be as simple as a plugged / flooding carburetor.

awesome.. here is where im at. this now all seems kinda standard but hoping i can avoid pulling off the carbs for cleaning/ re-building since there are 3 and the whole oil injection part. I have a good Spark in each cylinder and changed the spark plugs for second time this month. Good compression 120-130 in all 3. So now to fuel/ carbs. sprayed the carbs with cleaner and ran sea foam through the fuel system and added appropriate amount to fuel tank and ran it for about an hour. Result. Noted improvement in idle and revs clean to mid level RPM after that it runs though and will take off to much higher RPM without giving it more gas. Im thinking plugged jet on 1 carb but dont want to get ahead of a simpler fix. Is their a chance maintaining higher RPM with sea foam can clear the jet? thanks for feed back so far. All feed is appreciated.. PS: fuel filter is clear. Will a flooded carb spill out of the fuel bowl?

Fixed with sea foam and a new fuel pump. Learned attempting diagnostics in neutral without being under power is not reliable.

i m kinda have the same problem with a DT 85 1997 ,
first thing that i noticed is that the sparking plugs after i start and run the motor are not at the same tempreture the upper plug is more hot than the others. I bought new plugs and still is the same, than the major problem is the motor cant run at low revs because its always going off i cant understand why because than at high revs it runs well. i ve changed the diaphram ( fuel pump ) , and checked the reed valves and fit new gaskets and fuel filter and were ok , cleaned and set the carburaters with new gaskets and set the throttle sensor ,checked spark and compression of each cylinder everything in working order the motor runs well at idle and high speed but i still havent solved the problem yet , it keeps going off at low revs when giving few throttle can anyone help me fix this pls? thanks, you can contact me on my email [email protected]

Back