Logo

How to erase code in ECM

l'monn

Hi,
I just rebuilt my 04 DF115. Water went with oil and I had to replace crank, piston etc. It started O.K and ran idle very smoothly. So drove to the lake but as I tried to push it to get it to plane, it the motor cut off and won't rev more then 2000 RPM. But run very well if I don't push it over 2000 RPM.
I think that when I had the problem ( low oil pressure), a code was sent automatically to the ENGINE CONTROL MODULE to kinda set the max rev at 2000 RPM. I read in the Suzuki manual that it is what is happening when either the engine overheat or has very low oil pressure, which was my case.
I tried to find a dealer around but nobody within 100 miles, Anybody knows how to take that code out of there without the SUZUKI code reader or whatever it's called ?

Thank's

sorry... without computer and sds that is impossible to erase the code... if you find out the solution of this issue please let me know.

Here is a summary of the saga .... cause I had that problem ( cracked head = water in the oil = crank and piston failure ) I said to myself this won't happen again because as I am rebuilding it, I'm going to install a digital oil pressure gauge. The sensor on the new gauge was not sending the right reading to the ECM.......so the motor would not rev up. I finally went back to basic and ask myself:" what have I changed while rebuilding this engine that could result with this problem." The answer was THE OIL SENSOR. So I ordered a new one, put in on and went back to the lake and guess what..................had the same *&() problem. I finally got a pretty good mechanic who checked every sensors. They were all O.K. I tough for a while to undo the whole motor and check the timing and everything but then it was really going smooth up to 2000 RPM so it had to be something else. Then we start fumbling with the wiring and I remembered that I had jumped the neutral switch- someone had told me to do this-, put it back the way it was suppose to and guess what........ it reved up to 5500 RPM. Brought it to the lake and it ran super since.
Main problem was the oil sensor not sending any reading to the ECM.
Even after I change the sensor I had another problem wich was the ECM receiving a reading of being in neutral because the switch was jumped, therefor not reving up more than 2000 RPM still.
Run the engine all summer. Not a glitch and I am very satisfied with the performance of this engine.
Ray

Back