Logo

finished!... 89 rinker with water pouring from bell housing

Thanks for all the help and advice! Replaced the rear coreplug, and didn't find any cracks. I ran it on the local river a few days ago. It did ok, considering the gas was 2yrs old before I added some that day. I burned my exhaust boot.....probably from inexperiance. Also, there is an occasinal electric shock in my steering wheel.? And the trim kinda has a mind of its own. It wants to go all the way down. My questions now are; is the lower exhaust boot available? Would a water separater help? Since the tank doesn't have a vent. Are the electrical symptoms from me leaving a ground loose? Why is the steering so stiff? It is manual steering but it was really tough lining up with the trailer.

You shoot grease on anything that moves when you turn the wheel ?

How you burn the exhaust boot ?

Electric shick you have frayed wires ?

No tank does not have a vent .

Not for nothing maybe you need a row boat.

Maybe you are right about the row boat. While I was tracking down the miscellaneous problems I found the front motor mount bolts pulled out. The two bolts that secure the mount to the boat. Any suggestions?

Oh dear. I would be checking a lot deeper, into the bilge that is, before proceeding much further.

Looks like the engine will have to come out to properly fix the mounting, and whatever else is rotten underneath.

Bruce.

Walk away from it. It can be fixed but you are looking at alot of work. I did mine not knowing any better now I have a pretty good looking boat thats not worth near what I have in it. If the stringers are gone I'm sure the lower half of the transom is too. There are probably soft spots in the floor to do it right you talking about separating the boat under the rub rail pulling all of the carpet out cutting the fiberglassed in wood, fitting in new wood and refiberglassing... It turns into a major project... Just my opinion

Back