Logo

mercury 200 20 hp lightning ignition

scttnull

motor has been sitting for some time but rebuilt have no fire. serial # 2661364 year unknown engine clean good compression need help

Last edited:
That would appear to be a 69 model.------------Are you saying there is ' No spark " at the plugs or no fire means it does not run.------According to the catalogue it had points and condensers under the flywheel that may need attention.

Last edited:
well have that all exposed what can i do to check coils condensers point gap checked all wires and replaced mouse eaten ones also checked for grounded wires on kill switch. I think it could be a ground issue???? I cant see all of it being bad at once

well have that all exposed what can i do to check coils condensers point gap checked all wires and replaced mouse eaten ones also checked for grounded wires on kill switch. I think it could be a ground issue???? I cant see all of it being bad at once
also cleaned coils and magnet

You need to replace the condensers as your first move, and the coils next if that doesn't do it. That's a Phelon mag and they are quite dependable.

Jeff

Back