Logo

Inlline spark issue...

3rdgen

Hello...Ive just did a rebuild on a 1150 inline after reassembling the power head on to the mid section and trying to start it I found no spark...So I checked the switch box with the test listed on this forum and it failed so i put another one in it and it failed (was used but came off a running merc)so at that point i swapped the coil and still no spark and the 2nd switch box failed the test also....checked my grounds due to repainting the block checked my harness ect ect........any Ideas im lost...any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!! 3rdgen

Ill check it when i get home...planning on going to lake george this weekend...HOPE THATS IT!! I pulled the power head due to a bad cylinder and it ran before i toke it apart....Thank you for the imput ill let you know how i made out....3rdgen

Hello again tested out the stator and it ohm out ok....now im lost!! I checked my connections grounds ect ect it cranks the choke works key switch seems fine....any ideas were to start thanks for any help....3rd gen

Just swapped the coil wire double checked all wiring at harness i have proper volt all the way threw cranking ive got 11v.......my stator ohm out at .4....the tilt switch disconected...swapped severL SWITCH BOXES.....coil ohm at .6.....did continuty test on leads from switch box to coil from plug to rec plug to switch box....dont get it....any ideas what im missing or doing wrong...any imput would be a huge help!!...3rdgen..

Don't laugh, but disconnect the kill wire (orange or black/ yellow) and see it that helps. I had a motor with a mysterious short in that wire that I never found. Once I disconnected it---RRRooomm!

Jeff

no laughing i promise...didnt see a kill switch on the diagram...were is it located?? switch box?? controol box??? the motor is a 76....any direction is appreceaited becouse im lost...thanks Jeff...Ed

Jeff ive got 2 wires going into from wire harness and one going to coil and the 3 on the other side going to distrib...I dont see a kill wire....the ones going to distrib are black white brown....Ed

Jeff....Thanks for the help....I pulled the fly wheel and cleaned up the stator and fly wheel and spark!! I think swapped my original with an old one off my bench that was sitting for years....Again thanks Ed

Back