Logo

Starting a 1992 60 hp

GlenM

My first motor with remote controls.

When I turn the key to start it obviously has to be in neutral. However there is no ability to throttle up/down control while remaining in neutral to aid in keeping a cold engine running until it has warmed somewhat. Luckily my motor will catch and run with a little choke but I am used to twisting the throttle alittle to give it some gas.

Sorry if this is ignorant - I'm newb to anything other than tillers.

Does your throttle pull out a bit? The whole handle should pull sideways, so you can push the throttle forward without putting it in gear.

There will be a throttle only lever or as mentioned you push a button and pull the lever sideways for throttle only.--------------A trip to a shop to ask for help might save you an expensive starter repair later on.

Thanks Guys!

There is only one lever. I will check to see if the throttle level pulls out a notch so as to disingage the shift cable but still control the throttle. Or maybe as fastjeff says - they made 'em that way (hope not).

No------------- it has a throttle only function -----------------You just need to find out how or a quick visit to a repair shop to ask.

Thanks - that makes me feel better, racerone. I will check tomorow and if it is not apparent I will be heading to the shop thereafter. I certainly apreciate your quick reply!

ps I see you are a fellow Ontarian.

Last edited:
Yep - just a gentle little pull outwards on the main handle disengages the shift mechanism and allows the throttle arm to move freely and contol idle speed.

Couldn't be much easier - kinda feel sheepish afer that............

I appreciate the guidance folks - and thanks for going easy on a greenhorn!!

Back