Logo

F150 fuel pump

dward

Contributing Member
I have a 2005 F150 that quit running on Sunday. I checked fuel rail pressure and there was none. Engine turns over but won't start. I checked fuses and they were fine. I disconnected the electrical harness to the VST pump and with voltmeter confirmed that 12-13 volts were being sent when the ingnition switch was turned on, but when plugged back in I don't hear the pump running when the key is turned on. I checked continuity/resistance between the two wires heading into the pump and the meter didn't change so acts like an open circuit. Just to make sure the meter was reading resistance I checked one of the injectors and it read 15ohms which is where it should be.

I've ordered a new pump from the local dealer ($387+tax...ouch) instead of online as I plan to tear things apart Saturday morning and get the pump out and make sure it doesn't work before purchasing the new one. About the only thing I can think of would be if a wire came loose and pump is fine....but I doubt it.

I'm pretty certain the pump bit the dust but would appreciate any other ideas.

Thanks - Dan

just turn on the ignition switch and put our ear on the pump check is there any sound, if sound is there then their is no problem in the pump, I suggest check
the breather nipple. It might get block. if blocked then clean it or change it if necessary.

Back