Logo

1996 C40PLRU -- 40hp shaft length?

blindeman

Hi -- I'm looking at an outboard that the seller says is a model C40PLRU. Is it safe to assume that this is a 20" shaft by the "L" designation in the model #..? From the page on this site that deciphers Yamaha model #'s, that's what I can best gather.

I have a 1974 Boston Whaler with a 20" transom so I want to make sure I get the right motor to fit my boat. The seller "thought" it was a 25" but that doesn't sound right to me.

Your help is MUCH appreciated! THANKS!!!

Bruce

Justintime -- You da man! That's what I needed to hear. Now, I need to go see if this thing is in as good a shape as the owner says it's in.

Thanks again!

Bruce

To follow up...

I went on Saturday to look at the motor. The owner hadn't started it in 2-3 weeks, so we connected the batter and gas, primed the bulb and it kicked in on the 2nd turn of the key. Ran strong in F/R throughout the throttle. T/T worked fine. And, the compression checked out at 135psi in both cylinders. The owner, who's a Yamaha certified mechanic, had changed the lower unit seal, replaced the fluid, installed a new water pump, and replaced the plugs. So, I felt that it was well taken care of. He only ran non-ethonol, used yamalube oil, and Ring Free additive in every tank.

So, now to get it mounted and rigged! Thanks for your help!

Bruce

Back