Logo

Fuel Pump Question

gene55

Hello,

I need a fuel pump for a 1989 Bayliner Avanti. the engine is a 351 Ford and the old fuel pump is a Charter 60651. That pump has been discontinued and the only pump I can find listed for this boat fits a 302 and says nothing about a 351. My question is -will the pump fit a 351 and a 302?

Thanks for any help because I am lost.

The 5.0L and 5.8L Windsor engine require the same fuel pump according to Sierra and other sources.

SIERRA 18-7266 FUEL PUMP Ford 302 351 5255

Here's on on e-Bay for $125.
$(KGrHqJ,!m!E2D8ki1Y5BNr(32T+Ow~~_12.JPG

Thanks Rick,

That one looks like it will work. The lines will have to be re-vamped because they are on oppisite sides on the old one. I did find one at a local marina yesterday but it was $200. I got an education on this deal. From what I have found out, it seems Carter has gone or just about gone out of business and there is not an exact replacement part. There is a couple of pumps that will fit but the intake and outlet lines are different from the original and require some changes. Thanks again for your help, I wish I had seen this before I paid $200 but when you deal with a marina you are going to get the shaft!

Thanks Rick,
The lines will have to be re-vamped because they are on oppisite sides on the old one.
There is a couple of pumps that will fit but the intake and outlet lines are different from the original and require some changes.
Gene, note that the pump is screwed/bolted together.
When loosened and separated, this allows for re-indexing of the outlet/inlet sections as to accommodate your line configuration.

Thanks again Rick, that is good to know! As you can tell, I am not much of a mechanic but thanks to you I have learned something. My boat has 2 engines so I am sure I will be doing this again.
Thank you very much.

Gene

Back