Logo

Wiring Harness Problems Suzuki DT140

drseth

Hi,

I changed out the steering on my Aquasport Osprey 200 Center Console recently, and while fishing the steering cable, several connectors came unplugged. I found a service manual online, found the wiring diagram, and got most things working, but the Morse Control, with power trim and tilt, has got me stumped. The control has 2 black wires, a red, blue and green wires. How do these wires connect with the Suzuki harness? I cannot get the starter to engage with the key, but when I bypassed the starter relay, it fired right up. I guess the neutral starter lockout is not connected. The Suzuki monitor control is still not lighted up, but everything seems to be connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. Seth Anderson

The black wires are for the Neutral Safety switch inside the control box. They are not ground wires. They are not polarity sensative. Find where they came loose from (possibly yellow wires) and hook them back up. When you crank the engine the signal comes from the key switch to one of these black wires (either one) goes through the neutral switch, out the other wire and back into the wiring harness to the engine. I'm not sure what color the wires are that they hook to but, if you determine what color the wire is for the cranking circuit you'll have it.
The red, blue and green are standard trim. Red is hot to the switch. Blue is UP and Green is Down (outgoing). The wires they hook to should be the same color but sometimes they could be blue, white and pink. Check out the wiring to the switch on the side of the engine to be sure. I hope this helps, havn't worked on a DT in a while. If you're not sure about the cranking wire check out the starter soleniod. It'll have two small wires, on ground (black) and one whatever color you need to hook the black wires to in the console.

Thanks, that's what I kind of figured out, after viewing the wiring diagram. Sometimes, you fix one problem and make two more problems.

The black wires are for the Neutral Safety switch inside the control box. They are not ground wires. They are not polarity sensative. Find where they came loose from (possibly yellow wires) and hook them back up. When you crank the engine the signal comes from the key switch to one of these black wires (either one) goes through the neutral switch, out the other wire and back into the wiring harness to the engine. I'm not sure what color the wires are that they hook to but, if you determine what color the wire is for the cranking circuit you'll have it.
The red, blue and green are standard trim. Red is hot to the switch. Blue is UP and Green is Down (outgoing). The wires they hook to should be the same color but sometimes they could be blue, white and pink. Check out the wiring to the switch on the side of the engine to be sure. I hope this helps, havn't worked on a DT in a while. If you're not sure about the cranking wire check out the starter soleniod. It'll have two small wires, on ground (black) and one whatever color you need to hook the black wires to in the console.

I believe I have a similar problem and I know this thread is old
so how do I find where to connect the two wires coming off the control safety switch at the harness?
i believe I found one but cannot seem to locate the other

Back