Logo

Help !!!

ptyooper

I recently bought a boat which has a Gray Marine Engine. The plate on the gear says "GRAY 4 2-2 112 cubic inch displacement Eng. # B4197 OIL SAE 30"

On the head of the engine the # "Y400A 516 " appears with a "M" underneath it.

The fella I bought the boat from swears up and down that the engine is a Continental 91 SeaScout despite the plate on the gear. When I attempted to start the engine the water pump which is hooked directly to the generator,,, flew apart in about 3 directions. Can anyone help me identify this engine so that I can attempt to order some parts ??? Any and all help will be GREATLY appreceiated -

Thanks - Ed Brown

Ed, it's possible that the plate is off another engine but the 422 is a cont.112 cubic inch andthe 4-91 is 91 cube. Look on the side of the engine block for y112 or y91.

Hi Charlie,,,

Thanks in advance for your help. I went down to the boat this afternoon and the only thing I found on the right side were 3 "Bronze" looking plugs...each one was stamped P 11 B with another 11 below it. On the left side were some numbers.... I THINK it was 55116 - - - but I didn't think to bring anything to write with so I'm not positive about that. Where would the y112 or y91 be located???

Back