Logo

2000 70hp four stroke Evinrude

rwirtzfeld

I just bought a used 2000 70hp four stroke Evinrude that I believe is made by Suzuki. I need to figure out the wiring to rig it to my boat. I boat a manual, but the colors of the wires are not what I have. Does anyone have a diagram to share, or could email me? The wiring harness plugs at the motor are straight forward, but the remote control end is where I'm confused. The p.o. did give me the tilt gauge and rpm gauge but there is still open plugs?

Although Johnson and Eveinrude were always the same, thats not the case anymore. The 4-stroke Johnson engines are made by Suzuki but, they still use Johnson controls and wiring. The new Evinrudes are just Evinrudes, not the same as Johnson and Suzuki. Open plugs are not uncommon. Many times there are extra sets of wires for gauges and accessories that you may not have. Some of these wires may also be for warning lights, etc. If everything works at the dash then just secure the other wires. If you are looking to add something then what have you got and what color are the wires in question, I can look into it.

Back